Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Installed a used tranny with 58K miles, shifts harshly

Customer Question

installed a used tranny with 58K miles, shifts harshly (jerks) into 2nd, and has a slight hesitation from 3rd to 4th, 2008 Nissan Titan.
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new tranny fluid with the installation
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no slipping, just a harsh shift and slight hesitation.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: no leaking, the damaged truck it came out of had 58k original miles, I used the entire drive train in mine since it was a ow mile vehicle
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is meant by the hesitation, is actually a pause between shifts (3rd to 4th) as it shifts the engine climbs slightly in RPMs before engaging the next gear. 1st to 2nd is a very hard hit like a shift kit but more extreme. This problem occurs under normal acceleration or slowly, if I accelerate heavy, tranny operates correctly.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correction-the pause takes place between 4th an 5th.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sorry for the long wait, I may be able to help on this concern, being no one else has offered if help is still needed.