automstr
automstr, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech
8300270

I am getting a P0957 code and the D light blinks once in a

Customer Question

I am getting a P0957 code and the D light blinks once in a while and goes into Manual shifting
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: On the dashboard when I am in the Drive position. It just blinks a few times. If turn off the car it stops doing this.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2005 Acura TL
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will be having someone fix it for me but I am having a hard time identifying the issue since the issue comes and goes. I think it is the Gear Selector Switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  automstr replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. This is caused by a shorted gear selector switch in the shifter. What we see usually is something gets spilled into the shifter and shorts out the switch. I have not had good luck trying to clean the switch. It will likely need to be replaced . It is attached to the inside shift assembly the part number is 35740-SEC-A82

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.