Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My 02 f150 quit shifting out of park while running. I

Customer Question

My 02 f150 quit shifting out of park while running. I changed brake light switch, but it did not fix problem. I read how to apply parking brake and turn key one click ,and start truck from neutral. Now fuse #15 is blown with power coming back on load side. And fuses # 16,20,21 have no power.... any suggestions?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do the brake lights work?

Here is a wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k89c4d2v0sjcynj/fuse15.pdf?dl=0

Basically we will need to unplug everything that fuse 15 powers through the brake switch, and try another fuse. If the fise works then we know it is a component shorted to ground and not the wiring. IN that case we would plug each back in one by one till the fuse fails with the brake applied.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unable to open wiring diagram

Are you on a phone or computer. I double checked the link it does work.