Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

My son is stuck in Orange County, CA. and his transmission

Customer Question

My son is stuck in Orange County, CA. and his transmission is out. It is a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4 x 4 diesel 5.9L. Trying to find right price fro a rebuilt transmission. Do I need the VIN number to get the right part. I am in Nevada trying to help him and he lives in Colorado so we don't have a go to source that we know would be reputable.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I am not a mechanic. Rebuilt as opposed to just used and what needs to go with it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The transmission he will need is a 48RE. The part number will be RL086357AC. That is for a remanufactured transmission.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back tio see if you received my answer from earlier today.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I hope that my answer was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris