How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Your Own Question
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Category: Transmissions
Satisfied Customers: 13864
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
Type Your Transmissions Question Here...
Chris is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is stuck in Orange County, CA. and his transmission

Customer Question

My son is stuck in Orange County, CA. and his transmission is out. It is a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4 x 4 diesel 5.9L. Trying to find right price fro a rebuilt transmission. Do I need the VIN number to get the right part. I am in Nevada trying to help him and he lives in Colorado so we don't have a go to source that we know would be reputable.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I am not a mechanic. Rebuilt as opposed to just used and what needs to go with it.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The transmission he will need is a 48RE. The part number will be RL086357AC. That is for a remanufactured transmission.

I hope this helps!


Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back tio see if you received my answer from earlier today.


Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Hello, I hope that my answer was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris