Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

The dealer performed a transmission flush at 64,000 miles

Customer Question
now the transmission will make...
The dealer performed a transmission flush at 64,000 miles now the transmission will make a whining noise going through the first three gears
JA: Have you heard this particular sound before?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '64 Lincoln?
Customer: It is a 2010 mkz
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Transmissions
7/13/2017
Transmission Mechanic: xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. how many miles? hows the fluid?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

70000 miles. I don't understand how's the fluid
The dealer serviced the transmission at 30000 and 62000 miles

its likley the pump or the converter that has failed..if the fluid is contaminated i would say the torq converter is going bad

Other than the noise there isn't a problem with the way it performs

it will not get better if it is infact the torq converter it will slowly ruin the interal parts of the transmission

xsvectOR
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician