Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Second opinion] I have a 1994Ford f150 truck 4wdand the

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a 1994Ford f150 truck 4wdand the gears are slipping from one gear to next then bangs into the gear. We don't have trouble in the winter. It does it when the temperature out side is 80 plus degrees. When it sits in garage or in the sun at that temperature
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: 155,000 and the collect is fine
JA: What year is your F150?
Customer: 1994 excellent shape
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have had to a transmission guy and we have had it there 3 times as soon as the weather got hot out we started having trouble again.he thought he had it fixed last fall but with winter we didn't have a problem now it's the hot weather
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just what does it have to do with hot weather
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have an iPad I gave a bad review on the first question and when I went to tell you why and the dumb thing shut of before I could reply and went to second question the reason for the bad review was the answer was so blurred I couldn't read it. Can we go back to the first Question please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On our receipt it says1 rebuilt E4QD transmission with TQ so it wa supposed to be rebuilt.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello ans welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and have a suggestion. There are two types of shops and technitions just like in the medical profession , general and specialists.The first thing I would have checked is the condition of the fluid. I will supply you with a chart so you may do this yourself. and also check if it has a burnt smell. Next have a pressure test done on the transmission, Have the bands checked see if they need adjusting. If all checks out perhaps installinga transmissioin cooler may help and also see what temperature your engine is running at .