Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My Transmission wont move. This is a new Allison

Customer Question

My Transmission wont move. This is a new Allison transmission that was installed by Allison about 14 months ago it has around 5000 miles on it. I had a TCM code, there were wires resting on the exhaust manifold which burned the wires that was fixed the TCM code is gone now it wont go into gear.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Rephrasing it will drive in first gear but wont shift
JA: What is the model of your '14 Chevy?
Customer: it is a 2007 Chev 5500 Galvan Bus
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes no dealership could get me in for another 3 weeks and this is a commercial vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't received an answer
It keeps asking me for Credit Card again, Ive already put that in
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the transmission model number from the ID tag and I see you have no codes. My concern is with the shorted wiring it could have damaged the TCM or blanked the software. If the wiring is good check the TCM power and grounds and if okay try a test TCM or have yours reflashed and bench tested and see if the problem resolves with a different or updated TCM indicating a faulty TCM. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The answer came to late, my driver was stranded over 1,000 miles from home office. I should not be charged anything for this.
Even though the answer may be correct on some instances it wasn't correct. After 3 mechanics looked at it, I ended up putting a rebuilt transmission in it. That was cheaper than leaving the driver out for days at a time, and after 3 mechanics looked at it and couldn't find a solution. It was reflashed twice and bench tested which didn't fix the problem.