Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

95 jeep grand cherokee transmission issue, from first to

Customer Question

95 jeep grand cherokee transmission issue
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: from first to second
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything has been rebuilt
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After a complete rebuild which has now been done twice, auto shifting from 1st to 2nd when the car is warm, the car will jerk like its between 1st and 2nd. It will finally get to 2nd. So when Iam in traffic its really bad. Around town it works fine. So if I put my foot on the gas it will shift ok. But driving slow it will jerk then finally get to 2nd. Its worse going up hill. New solenoid as well.
95 jeep grand cherokee limited straight 6.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 1 month ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo. have you check for codes stored on the computer about this problem?.... have you check the level and condition of the transmission fluid?

you may need to adjust the kick down cable for up shifting time, or check the accumulator spring ,piston,or seal for damage .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That has been done

do you know if the 2 and 4 accumulator piston was replace from the aluminum one and in to the plastic one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know But I can check

check and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sounds like they where replaced with the plastic type.

yes the new stile is plastic OK so that's done. let me look up some more and get back to you later

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ricardo where you able to learn any more about this problem? If not can you recommend someone?
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 10 days ago.

Hi, sorry no i have not found anything other then what we spoke about about the accumulator and spring and also the kick down out of adjustment, there can also be problems with the valve body. Let me let another expert see if he has any thoughts about this problem and continue helping you. Do not answer back to me this will prevent locking the question back to me. Thank you .