Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

2008 a4 sline will not shift into any gear. 2008

Customer Question
2008 a4 sline will not...
2008 a4 sline will not shift into any gear.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: 2008 transmission I'm assuming, just recently acquired the car. Check the brake switch?
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet, got in it today and it wouldn't go into gear.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Transmissions
5/15/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light on? What happens when you try moving the vehicle in gear?

No the check engine light is not on. It is a 6 speed manual, I put it in gear let off the clutch and nothing happens.

Thank you. It sounds like the clutch has failed. I usually check and make sure that the hydraulic unit it releasing. If it is then the clutch has failed in the transmission.

Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor