Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 4.0 Yesterday I drove the

Customer Question

Hi my name is Deven
I have a 2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 4.0
Yesterday I drove the truck in the rain I put it in four-wheel-drive and drove it for about 10 miles when I pulled into a parking lot it was a little hard to make a sharp turn
But prior to me putting in 4x4 I was having a hard time getting it to go into four-wheel-drive.
Going back to the parking lot so I could back up without it binding on me as I turn I tried to take it out of four-wheel-drive so I could back up without it binding on me it would not go out of four-wheel-drive switching the switch back and forth I started driving straight switched it back out of four-wheel-drive and heard a large Bang then it appeared to be out of four-wheel-drive but the dash light still says it's in four-wheel-drive from experience I know it is out of four-wheel-drive but now cannot get it to go back into four-wheel-drive or into four wheel low it's stuck with the light on 4 x 4
I am just guessing but it sounds like a little model is it engages the four-wheel-drive is busted or the switch on the dash is not working properly any suggestions would be helpful
The truck has 87,000 miles on it which are all highway driven the truck itself is been talking care of very well and maintained on a regular basis
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

If you start the vehicle in*****straight 10 foot then shift to neutral, apply the brakes, shift to 2wd and wait, does it shift?