Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

2000 Tacoma whistle coming from tranny area, shifts fine, I

Customer Question

2000 Tacoma whistle coming from tranny area, shifts fine , I can barly touch clutch pedel and noise goes away,was low on fluid filled, wonder if air in slave cylinder or maybe slave is going out ?
JA: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am,,filled cylinder so far ,, after I filled and touched pedal it rumbled a little, but noise still there until I touch pedal rumble stopped
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 5 months ago.

Hello, If you hold the clutch pedal to the floor, does the noise come back?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like a worn out clutch throwout bearing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wow clutch was done about 80000 ago the one before that made it 140000,,,ok, looks like I have a job ahead of me,,ive replaced a clutch in a chevy years ago,, any secerts on a Toyota ?

You can use an aftermarket clutch kit if you like but the throwout bearing get it from toyota.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thank you

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Hello, just checking if any updates.