Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Have a 2012 ford F150 pickup. sometimes when I go to shift

Customer Question

have a 2012 ford F150 pickup. sometimes when I go to shift gears from park to drive, it will not shift I may have to try several things before it will shift. Is there a simple solution to this problem?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: It is the original transmission. Do you mean the imergency Brake switch?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Ford?
Customer: F150*****JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I stop and start the vehicle. turn the steerin wheel both ways and it finally breaks loose. Was there ever a recall or is there a switch on the brake, not the emergency brake?Do you need to push the brake down to go from park to drive?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

When you experience this issue are you parked on an incline? Are you parked in a garage or up against a wall or have a helper to verify the brake lights come on when the pedal is pressed, during this issue?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris