Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I just replaced my transmission in 2001 Ford F-150 2wd, but

Customer Question

I just replaced my transmission in 2001 Ford F-150 2wd, but now the new transmission will not shift it will show that it shifted in the cluster of truck, but vehicle will not move forward or backwards
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The transmission is from another vehicle do not know the age or the mileage it has on it and no leaks
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replaced the transmission and have not tried anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also you can hear the transmission shift
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

4R70 or 4R100 transmission?

Will it not roll in park and will roll in any other gear?

Do you have a hydraulic gauge to perform a pressure test?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe the 4r70 and it will change gears just wont move

Will it not roll in park and will roll in any other gear? So you are saying in R-N-D-2-1 it will not even roll?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It will not roll at all and do not have a hydraulic pressure tester

Since it will not roll at all this means the transmission is stuck in park. Scotch the wheels and set the parking brake and have an assistance shift gears inside to see why under the truck on the drivers side, the link age is not responding.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris