Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I bought a mitsubishi endeavor with a bad ecu and engine…

Customer Question
i bought a mitsubishi endeavor...
i bought a mitsubishi endeavor with a bad ecu and engine harness do to it being outside for a while without use i decided to replace the engine harness and ecu with the same model number as the original one mn132653 and had it programmed to my keys so it will start now the problem is that my endeavor is like stuck on one gear i manually lower it to lower gears and only light up 2nd gear on dash it just stays on one gear even doing it manually its a endeavor 2004 awd
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2017
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago
Ivan Alvarez

Have you scanned for any codes? It sounds like its in fail safe mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have not but today i will what is fail safe mode does that have to do with the programming of the ecu since its a different ecu that is installed
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

If it was programmed the latest software should have been installed. It might be an issue with the transmission. Possibly wiring or a sensor. When there is a fault in the trans. system it puts it in fail safe mode which is second gear only on most manufacturers. The best place to start would be to scan it for codes. That will point us in the direction of the fault.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok the engine harness was replaced same as the ecu as soon as i get it scanned i will give you the code will the pedal position sensor be a cause or the throttle sensor i know i had to code after i replaced the ecu and harness
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Its possible you would not get throttle response with those codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok it responds ok only issue is its stuck in a gear and when i manually shift it to lower gears it only lights up number 2 on the dash also i dont have neutral light blinking will the anti lock light cause this problem just thinking
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

No that would not cause this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok as soon ass i get the codes i will send them thanks alot for all the help
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
p1751 is the only code it gave me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i fisconected the battery terminals and rescanned the car off no codes once i turned it on it gave me tge code now when put in drive the neutral light started to flash before it didnt do it and when put in low gears now the number 3 lights up before it was number 2
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Its a transmission code for the control relay. I'm going to look over a few diagrams and will get back to you shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

In the under hood fuse box check fuse #15. In the interior fuse box check fuse # 22. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fuses are ok
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have voltage on the fuses?

Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Test them with the key on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dont have volt meeter on me but i believe they do because after i programmed the ecu i tested all the fuses to make sure they had volts and tested the a/t relays under the hood
Transmission Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok we would need a test light at least for the next tests.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would be the next test
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i found a test light and tested all the fuses under the hood and inside fuses under the dash
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do i have to pay again for this service
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ehat is the next step
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
need gelp have a p1751 code on my endeavor 2004 yes i have checked all fuses and have tested for volts on each fuse had replaced a/t relay with the ac and still neutral light is flashing while in drive need help please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you left me off with the next step and never responded what would be the next step to verify i was able to erase the code but went back to not going into lower gears just the low 2 lights up but stil stuck in one gear