Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got a knock in ist gear I replaced the transmission

Customer Question
I got a knock...

I got a knock in ist gear I replaced the transmission control module I got a myriad of codes they are p0171 p0010 poo13 000121 p700 p1810 p0171 I have a 2010 chevy cobalt

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I gave them akl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

I gave

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I changed the tanemission control module i have not tried to reset i paid to have the tcm programed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
4/1/2017
Transmission Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The first thing to do is clear the system the way it says to do in the attachment i sent you to see what codes return. Then, follow the article below for trans diagnosis.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and this is
the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside pan.
Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just were a
bit low on fluid.
Thanks, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep
this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me?

Thanks again, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron