Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Transmission sensor says it is over heating. it a 2007 chevy

Customer Question
transmission sensor says it is...
transmission sensor says it is over heating . it a 2007 chevy 1 ton 4x4 was a cube van i do not think it is really overheating as i both it used not sure if tranny was changed in the past scare to blow it . i maxes out at 150 but there is no smell no leaks no foaming no slipping this is a automatic . thanks in advance
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: engine coolant you mean
JA: What year is your Cube?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Cube yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am fixing myself . it does not appear that anything is wrong .i am wondering if trany was changed and not compatible with computer or sensor is shot .it does not do it all the time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i drove it for 5 hrs and was going to overheat . then i stopped for 1hr then when i left it never showed that it was overheating all was back to normal ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Transmissions
1/29/2017
Transmission Mechanic: xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician

was the cooler flushed when it was changed?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician