Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Iwould like to install a Cadillac lf3 twin turbo engine into

Customer Question

hi, iwould like to install a Cadillac lf3 twin turbo engine into into my 2014 buick lacross 3.6 fwd gm authority said in an article that it would fit right in. can you give me any advice? thanks bob
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: it is an automatic and their is 34000 miles on the car
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to install my self and with an old friend we are old street rod builders wanted to know if this is possible so far it looks that way. doing research before we start. thanks bob
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will the transmission withstand 100 more horse power this has been tested on the 6t70 and the 6t75 tranny not sure trans I have in my buick? thanks bob
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may have to seek out this info from the place you saw that this was possible in doing.I would contact them to see what all had to be done to make this work.I know the engine mounts,wiring and computer will most likely need changed and I would make sure the transmission will bolt up to it as well.You may have to have a GM dealer program the body and engine computers with special programming in some cases as well here.If you still want to see if anyone else can help on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
pete these things I already know so I found you on line advertised as buick experts. I don't think this is as big of a project as one might think. if you are a master mechanic you should have a source with a company of this size for any buick or Cadillac questions and solutions at your disposal. these cars are both general motors products. so I would appreciate if you could get me some more information I paid for a solution need your help. thanks bob
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here but others may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete