Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I just bought a 2012 nissan rogue with 42k miles. When i

Customer Question

I just bought a 2012 nissan rogue with 42k miles. When i jump on the interstate it doesnt seem to want to shift and i have to let off the gas to shift. What should i do or what would you encourage me to do?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It does seem like i have been putting alot of gas in it. But it starts normal
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a warranty with the company that i bought it from. All i have done was put transmission fluid in it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just want to know what to do
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

This maybe the fact this is a CVT transaxle. There are no gears. This trans works like a golf cart not like other models that actually change gears 1-2-3-4-5-6 for example. This may be just something you're not used to and that is causing confusion. I recommend you drive another CVT trans vehicle pior to jumping to conclusions that yours is not working correct.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris