Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Hesitation on accelleration from a slow speed ie 20mph. bogs

Customer Question

hesitation on accelleration from a slow speed ie 20mph. bogs down and can press pedal to floor beforeit goes nearly to a stop and then catches up. New care since October....back at the dealer for try number 4 and no end in sight. model is CVr 2017 what can I do? lemon law or force a trade back or cancel sale?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: the car is brand new.
JA: What is the model of your '17 Honda?
Customer: 2016 model actually CrV
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: got the dealer's staff to test drive it and she got the picture quite clearly, dangerous to drive, has been in sho3 times and for a week this time. am afraid they don't know what to do. Is there a lemon law or way to force them to take this 3mo old new car back?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
oops 2016 model
Expert:  david carrier replied 6 months ago.

hi this is dave and I'm here to answer any questions you have

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hesitation on accelleration from a slow speed ie 20mph. bogs down and can press pedal to floor beforeit goes nearly to a stop and then catches up. New car since October....back at the dealer for try number 4 and no end in sight. model is CVr 2016 what can I do? lemon law or force a trade back ? I do not want the car...do not trust that it can be fixed. How to approach this situation?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have you heard of this problem, I have seen it on the web for this vehicle and model.?

what state do you live in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you still online or is this a scam site?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok.. no response, my email is***@******.***

I am still here. I am not sure what laws are in your state but here in CT there is a lemon law in place that protects a buyer from stuff like this. Have you expressed to your dealer that you are unhappy with your car.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have a lemon law in washington, but it probably involves lawyers . I guess thats the way to go, unless you have any advice to approach the dealer with. The car was bought with cash . The Dealer knows about the problem, but nothing is happening, maybe sit tight, have a face to face with dealer or go to the lemon law, if it requires a lawyer to be hired who pays?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still there???

I think if you went to the dealer and was nice about it to start they will help you out. I no here in ct they will take back and have to take back the car within a specific window of time. you don't always have to have a lawyer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks david...I will continue to work with the dealer, we have a loaner car they have furnished, the defect must be severe because we are going on week 3++ have a great night.

no problem. I'm sry there is such a delay if you have any other question please feel free to ask. If you could kindly rate my service for tonight it will be greatly apreciated