Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Clutch started slipping bad all of a sudden. sometimes it

Customer Question

clutch started slipping bad all of a sudden. sometimes it gets better. dont know if its plate or some sensor
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: probably 100,000 miles. no sticking just slipping.
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2003 a4 quattro
JA: Are you fixing your A4 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: bleeding the brakes seemed to improve clutch a little
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i guess im wondering if theres anything on the car other than worn clutch plate would cause it to slip
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to answer your question. The Only other thing that would cause a clutch to slip is air in the lines(just like brakes) and for that you will nee to bleed the clutch. There should be a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder and you treat it just like you were bleeding brakes, both with the clutch pedal and the slave cylinder. A weak slave cylinder, or clutch master cylinder would do the same thing. I would advise you to check these things first.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

No problem. If you found this helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...