Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Thank you. I have a 1998 Saturn SL2. Transmission is messing

Customer Question

Hi and thank you. I have a 1998 Saturn SL2. Transmission is messing up. I have no reverse it will not downshift into 1st or 2nd .3 gear and 4th work fine. In park or reverse it sounds like a rubber band sliping like it's trying to catch but it can't .it just has this weird sound as if there is a rudder ban with notches is trying to grab but it can't because it too stretched out. Some well-known most of the time when I stomp on the gas it tran slips And Rpm will max out past 8 if I let it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Claude,

In order to determine if the problem is an internal problem or an electronic control issue the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting, are you able to get this done and post back with the results?