Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2011 chevy camaro ss with a 6.2 v8. automatic

2011 chevy camaro ss with a 6.2 v8. automatic transmission... 6l80e
I rebuilt this transmission. new pump and stator. new torque convertor. all new steels and clutches. paper rubber kit. filter and dex 6 atf.
now my problem. this car came in with a shifting problem going into third gear at full throttle. it would not hold in third. as it shifted into third it would jerk and then neutral out.. as you let off throttle it would kick back into gear.
After a full build it does the same thing. the original tear down i found burnt clutches . all have been replaced.
MY QUESTION. Now what to look for ???

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello. i need help. let me know what i can check on this 6l80e 3rd gear problem

Have you done an air test on the clutch to see if it has bushing wear not allowing full pressure to get to and maintain to the clutch. Burning clutches means its not getting enough fluid and pressure to it to keep it tight. If the piston seals were not torn then its leaking prior that. Next is to see if anything in the valve body is blocking fluid flow for 3rd gear.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I installed new bushing in the drum that had the bad clutches . air checks were done everything worked . im just wondering if it has a bad pressure solenoid. . of course its a 700 $ computer in the trans. . i was driving the car home tonight. it has a very harsh shift into third at normal throttle .

Did you go through the upper and lower valve bodies to check for valve issues?

Did you replace the TCM/solenoid body assembly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No. i never went thru valvebody. just cleaned it. i never bought the tcm/solenoid assembly . 700 bucks.

Since you have confirmed the pressure loss is not at the clutch area then its time to go through the valve body to check there for scoring, broken valves. If okay then TCM replacement is needed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok. i will pull the valvebody and check it. a new tcm is 700. that will hurt...lol

Yes they are expensive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Since i have never took apart one of those valvebodys . it will take me some research . i have direct hit. it shows some disassembly procedure

If you find your info is not helping let me know and I will try to upload some info on the valve body.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Send me as much info you can. i need it. thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks. i will keep you updated

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I went through the valve body today it looks excellent so I ordered one of those TCM for the transmission

Thanks for the update, anything else needed from me?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am installing the tcm today. ill give you any update after a test drive.

Super

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Big storm hit here today with a lot of ice and snow I'm not taking this guy's Camaro out in that weather it'll have to wait till Monday before I give it a test drive

Agree.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

THE NEW TCM SOLVED THE ISSUES.......THANK YOU

Your welcome