sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Firstofallmyabsindicatorwascomingonsometimesandjusttonightmy

Customer Question

Firstofallmyabsindicatorwascomingonsometimesandjusttonightmytransmissionstoppedshifting
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007e350
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I want to fix it myself. I haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that can cause either of the issues you're having and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. If the two problems didn't start at the same time then they are most likely unrelated, but the trans controller does rely on a rear wheel speed message from the ABS module for shifting control.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and transmission control module, and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.