Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I have a 2013 Audi TDI that did not come with the towing

Customer Question
package. Can the transmission...
I have a 2013 Audi TDI that did not come with the towing package. Can the transmission cooler and other elements of the towing package be added to the vehicle now? Is there any way to raise the towing max weight?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Jon can you post the vin # of the vehicle so i can check the option codes of exactly how the vehicle is built?

TDI's are usually built heavy duty for towing but some did not come with the hitch option. what are you trying to tow and what is the gvwr of the towable and toung weight?

thanks

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician