Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

Changed trasmission fluid cant get fluid back in pan,

Customer Question

changed trasmission fluid cant get fluid back in pan
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: transaxle pink fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your Subaru?
Customer: 2000 outback
JA: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trdied flling through dipstick opening then trdied putting in through drain plug but not connnected to eadh other
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how you

you fill it thru the Dipstick , it will be slow going in and use a small funnel that fits in dipstick

i sent you pictures of drain & dipstick and fluid capacity

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

REPLACEMENT 1. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID 1. Drain ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) by removing drain plug after allowing the engine to cool for 3 to 4 hours.

CAUTION: Before starting work, cool off the engine well. 2. Reinstall drain plug after draining ATF, and tighten it to the specified torque. Tightening torque: 24.5 ± 2.0 Nm (2.5 ± 0.2 kg.m, 18.1 ± 1.4 ft.lb) 3. Fill ATF up to the middle of the "COLD" side on level gauge by using the gauge hole. Recommended fluid: Dexron II, IIE or III type automatic transmission fluid Fluid capacity: 9.3(+0.3/-0) l (9.8(+0.3/-0) US qt, 8.2(+0.3/-0) Imp qt)

4. Run the vehicle until the ATF temperature rises to 60 to 80°C (140 to 176°F) and check the ATF level. 2. ATF FILTER NOTE: ATF filter is maintenance free part. ATF filter needs replacement, when it has physically damaged or ATF leaked.

you can see the Gauge hole in the last picture i sent you where you fill it

you will see an arrow and says( Level Gauge)

Chad

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician