tsmodie
tsmodie, Other
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH, 30 YEAR EXPERIENCE, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Transmission acting up, have codes P0732 & P0734. I have

Customer Question

Transmission acting up, have codes P0732 & P0734
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes I have diagrams handy
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 Escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Flushed transmission then refilled with new fluid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** almost always caused by an internal mechanical or hydraulic problem in the transmission, how many miles do you have on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There's 118k
Expert:  tsmodie replied 11 months ago.

do you have a scanner you can read the datastream on the transmission?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a scanner
Expert:  tsmodie replied 11 months ago.

ok, the P0732 and P0734 is a gear ratio problem, and is almost always caused by slipping discs, which would require rebuild, below is the chart for diagnosing this, but as I said said earlier, its almost always a rebuild to fix these,Tim

1. Monitor the shift solenoid command on a scanner and at the same time, monitor the voltage on the shift solenoid control wires with a voltmeter while driving the vehicle. The shift solenoid wires are:

A) Orange/Black (OG/BK) wire at pin 7 of the transmission connector for Shift Solenoid A (SSA).

B) White/Yellow (WH/YE) wire at pin 5 of the transmission connector Shift Solenoid B (SSB).

2. When the scanner shows the solenoid as ON, the voltage should be close to 0 V. When it shows OFF, the voltage should read close to battery voltage. The shift solenoid pattern is:

First Gear- SSA is ON, SSB is ON.
Second Gear- SSA is OFF, SSB is ON.
Third Gear- SSA is OFF, SSB is OFF.
Fourth Gear- SSA is ON, SSB is OFF.

3. If the shift solenoids are being properly controlled when the scanner shows them turning on and off, suspect an internal mechanical or hydraulic problem in the transmission. Check the fluid level, make sure the filter is not leaking or damaged where it may draw air in, and make sure the cooler is not restricted. If all OK, address the internal transmission problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** this conversation expire?
Expert:  tsmodie replied 11 months ago.

after rating me, the question will stay open for 30 days, and you can come back to it at anytime and ask follow up questions at no charge,Tim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great I'll get back to you after I get my readings later. Thanks again
Expert:  tsmodie replied 11 months ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim