Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Bought a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Transmission would

Customer Question

Bought a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Transmission would not shift out of 2nd, replaced transmission and the replacement would not shift out of 2nd, had transmission wiring harness check and it checked out good. Still get same open circuit code on one of the solenoids, same as first transmission and this is a new solenoid. Code won't clear. HELP
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: It is a used transmission out of a 2000 Montero Sport, but it is doing the same thing as the old transmission and won't shift from 2nd to 3rd gear?
JA: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The transmission and solenoid were changed by a transmission shop and the wiring was check by an electrical wiring shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what is the code number you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code 32

ok..give me just a moment please

ok.

i can give you some checks/tests for this code..

but from the way you explain and if the wire harness and the solenoids are good,i would think the problem is your pcm[main computer]

stand by

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did I and we replaced the PCM and it was Flashed last night. We started the SUV and got the same code.

ok,,i still think it is in your wiring..i will give you some tests

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i9yea8huegsfwe/1011-mistibithi-CIRCUIT%20OPERATION.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/2i9yea8huegsfwe/1011-mistibithi-CIRCUIT%20OPERATION.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help