Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My truck cranks and runs fine at idol. It runs smoothly

Customer Question

My truck cranks and runs fine at idol. It runs smoothly until I get to 4th gear or so. The RPM RON is about 1500 and I am between 45 and 50 MPH. When I lightly press the gas the engine/transmission feels lilke it is you g to shake apart. If I press hard on the gas and the rpm goes up the vibration stops until the rpm drops to 1500 again.
Someone told me they had a similar issue on one of their trucks and it was a fuel filter.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

This could either be an engine misfire or torque converter.. Is the check engine light on and if yes what codes are active?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The check engine light is on. I will get ot read and send you the numbers later today.
Expert:  Brad replied 12 months ago.

Ok sounds good..