Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

Transmishion doesnt work after warms up fluid level is good

Customer Question

transmishion doesnt work after warms up fluid level is good doesn't smell burnt
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

once it stops working no reverse and no drive gears at all ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it doesn't doing anything even if you raise it to about 300 you let set for a hour it will move but not very far then it quites
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

are there any codes set in the computer at all ?

with the design of these transmissions by default no matter what happens with the computer or wiring or even shift solenoids it should always have a forward gear as long as the fluid is full

i am sorry to say there is an internal failure going on inside this transmission of usually the forward clutch assembly

have the pan removed and check for debris and to be sure the filter/strainer is not plugged up if it is not the transmission needs to be removed and replaced or rebuilt

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Took pan off nothing in it filter is internal non serviceable fluid is red doesn't smell burnt
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

then the issue has to be the forward clutch or also called the one way clutch internally not holding when it gets warm

the transmission needs to be removed and taken apart or replaced next

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out ?