Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My Allison transmission keeeps messing up went haywire on me

Customer Question

My Allison transmission keeeps messing up went haywire on me the techs at chevy dealership ha e replaced a switch and tcm. Truck ran greT after they finally programmed it properly. But now wen I fire it up after setting for the night the traney slips outa gear wthout throwing a code. I wil roll into a speed bump and afterthe back wheels roll over it I give it gas oran the rpms go up but truck won't go I let off on gas a
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I let off gas then give it gas again truck goes. Trucks been to dealer 5times even had them do trans service they found no issues ie bad stuff in the pan
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Are you wanting to diagnose, disassemble, overhaul, assemble, install and repair this concern yourself?

So far with this information this is pointing to a solenoid weak or sticking or a clutch internal that has excessive stack up clearance or is slightly leaking pressure. There are alot of tests with special tools to diagnose this issue.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris