Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

06 ford Taurus won't shift right seems to shift OK if I

Customer Question
06 ford Taurus won't shift...
06 ford Taurus won't shift right seems to shift OK if I shift man but if in drive when I take off its like a car with a bad clutch trans was rebuilt a yr ago fluid looks like new code po753 shift solenoid a putting new one in now any thoughts
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
7/14/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

when you remove that solenoid ohm it, it should ohm 15-30 ohms. that will confirm the solenoid has failed. there have been issues with the solenoid and the wiring.

here is the test plan we use.

1. Check resistance of Shift Solenoid A (SSA) by disconnecting the PCM and measuring between the Orange/Yellow (OG/YE) wire at pin 27 and the Red (RD) wire at PCM pin 71 or 97. Resistance should indicate a reading of 15-30 ohms.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the run position. The OG/YE wire at pin 27 should indicate battery voltage.
Tapping the OG/YE wire to ground through a jumper wire should result in a clicking noise that generate from the solenoid.
For comparison, tap the Violet/Orange (VT/OG) wire at PCM pin 1 to ground to activate Shift Solenoid B (SSB).

3. If both solenoids sound similar and SSA shows proper resistance, replace the PCM.

4. If the solenoid shows an open resistance reading, check the OG/YE wire for an open circuit between the PCM and the transmission solenoid connection.

5. If the resistance of the solenoid shows to be ok but the OG/YE wire does not show battery voltage with the ignition switch on and the PCM unplugged, service the circuit for a short to ground.

6. If the OG/YE wire checks to be ok, replace SSA.

and here is the fault code description

DTC P0753 ( )Component
SSADescription
SSA Solenoid Circuit FailureCondition
Solenoid 1 circuit failed to provide voltage drop across solenoid. Circuit open or shorted or PCMdrive failure during on-board diagnostic.Symptom
Incorrect gear selection depending on condition mode and manual lever position. See Solenoid On/Off chart.Will display Check Transmission message.

hope this helps, let me know if you need more info, i am here to help, Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician