Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

1st and 2nd gear is slipping once above 35 mph it runs

Customer Question
normal. A p0781 code popped...
1st and 2nd gear is slipping once above 35 mph it runs normal. A p0781 code popped when I put it on scanner
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I reset the code it is still doing the same first and second slips
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 99 e350 5.4 motor
JA: What year is your E350?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix myself I don't know own if it's the transmission itself or something electrical
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all its doing just slipping
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
7/12/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Slipping results in the rpms rising fast and high but speed not increasing equally to the rpm. Is that what is occurring?

Is your trans pan square with the 2 rear corners angled off or is it rectangle with one rear corner missing?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician