Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I have a 2005 F150 that had the transmission replaced and

Customer Question
now the overdrive light keeps...
I have a 2005 F150 that had the transmission replaced and now the overdrive light keeps flashing. I had a sensor replaced but the light still flashes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
7/8/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

new or used trans???

any codes pulled yet??

it sounds like either the torque converter or the solenoid

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Used trans, new map(?) sensor because truck wouldn't stay running. The ECM was shot so they replaced it and then flashed it. The truck starts and runs but the trans fault light stays on and the overdrive light keeps flashing.

ok, thanks. again, any codes???

still looking at either the torque converter or solenoid

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The garage said they didn't know what the problem was and wanted to keep the truck and start a diagnostic procedure. I couldn't afford $95 an hr. They didn't tell me what the codes were but said it could be any one of 8 things. So no I don't know what the codes are and is there anyway that I can find that out myself?

you can go to a parts store and they will pull the codes for free.

do you have the truck or is it at the shop??? who installed the trans???

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
An independent mechanic installed the trans. When it wouldn't stay running he loaded it onto a flatbed tow truck and took it to our local Ford garage and they changed the sensor and flashed it. The truck is at my sons house right now. I'll be able to get to it after he gets off from work. Where is the solenoid located?

you have to drop the pan and the solenoid is in the valve body

did you provide the trans or the shop. just wondering about warranty

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there's no warranty, I bought the trans used. If I run the codes can you tell me what they mean?

yes I can

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay thanks. As soon as possible I'll take it to Auto Zone and have the codes read. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

ok

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician