How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris (aka- Moose) Your Own Question
Chris (aka- Moose)
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Category: Transmissions
Satisfied Customers: 1726
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
Type Your Transmissions Question Here...
Chris (aka- Moose) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok thanks i have a ford Explorer XLT 1997 Model V6 4.0L and

Customer Question

Ok thanks i have a ford Explorer XLT 1997 Model V6 4.0L and am looking for a convertor sensor because my vehicle is not engaging the gears.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No i don't have that tool
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the gears are not engaging am only moving in low 2 gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The mechanic is trying to fix it but we don't have the spear parts in the country
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: yes the fuel sensor needs to be changed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you checked the fluid level of your transmission? Is the check engine light on or overdrive light flashing?Generally if the transmission will only move in 2nd gear then there is an internal fault with the transmission. Possibly a solenoid. And I am not sure what you mean by a "converter"sensor or a "fuel" sensor.

Related Transmissions Questions