Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

The transmission has a hard time shifting. If i take my foot

Customer Question

the transmission has a hard time shifting. If i take my foot of the accelerator at about 2200 rpms it will shit from 1st to second and will do the same from 2nd to 3rd but doesn't want to shift to high (drive) It doesn't want to go over 55 mph
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: automatic and checked the fluid today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Oldsmobile Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: it has a 149000 thousand miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year,make and model of this vehicle as well as engine liter size of this model here?

Is or has the check engine light come on or have the fault codes been checked at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete