Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

I have a2007 dodge Durango 156 k mile rpm hand rev up and

Customer Question
I have a2007 dodge Durango...
I have a2007 dodge Durango 156 k mile rpm hand rev up and down and act like it wamt to down shift when driving on level ground aand going down hill just had tune up oil and trans fluid and filter changed what is the problem is it the idle position sensor
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: 1 week ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if ican
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
5/29/2016
Transmission Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is most likely being caused by an erratic signal from the throttle position sensor, if you have one. A 5.7 does not use one but if you have a 4.7 then you do have a TPS.

Which engine do you have?
Have you checked for fault codes?
Is it a 2-300 RPM fluctuation at steady speed?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician