sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

93 t-100 no reverse and n not rightJA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

'93 t-100 no reverse and n not right
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: '93 t-100 no reverse and nutral is wonky - not completly forward but not nutral
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed filter and fluid about 5mo. ago better till 1mo. ago and had to warm up truck first before trani would work but now reverse is nutral,nutral is almost forward and everything else is forward
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: trani is A340E atomatic 2wd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You could possibly have a shift linkage adjustment issue but you almost surely have an internal mechanical failure of the transmission. Symptoms like this are usually caused by planetary geartrain failure.Has shift linkage adjustment been checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the linkage adjustment has been checked. It is OK.
If the linkage is adjusted correctly and working properly then that does indicate internal transmission failure.