Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

What transmissions interchange to my 2005 JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

What transmissions interchange to my 2005
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Goes into like limp mode gets stuck in high gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I barely get by tryn to be cheap as possible have a little boy and girlfriend with seizures only one supporting ys
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Us^
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was right at 100,000 miles when it decided to start this so I got hosed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually when it goes into limp mode this indicates a component in the transmission is at fault causing this issue here needing replaced like a shift solenoid or pressure control solenoid or the transmission valve body itself.If you can get the fault codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.Usually a local parts store like Auto Zone can read out these codes for you at no cost and then we can go from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete