Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

E 420: GOOD MORNING I HAVE A 1996 420 SPORT V8 AND I WOULD

Customer Question

HI GOOD MORNING I HAVE A 1996 420 SPORT V8 AND I WOULD LOVE TO SWAP THE TRANSMISSION TO MANUEL BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CAR CARRIES THE RIGHT MANUEL TRANSMISSION TO FIT UP WITH MY V8 420E
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know the year and the model I can get Manual transmission to match up to my 1996 v8 420e sport
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Unfortunately usually this cannot be done as the computers will have issues with a different transmission and will cause running issues as well as warning lights on the dash to come on.You might contact a dealer to see if they recommend any replacement but in most all cases the correct factory part number transmission needs installed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well Pete thanks a lot for answering the question but I already did it on my other 96 320e straight 6 so I know that it can be done it's just that the starter on the v8 is on the right hand side on like the 320e the starter is on the left side so if you could just point me in the direction of witch of the benz family has a manual transmission that has the match up with the 420e v8 and I will get it done plz thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete