Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

H2 Hummer . Running well all day. Pulled into drive way.Shifted

Customer Question
into reverse. Shifter free moving...
H2 Hummer . Running well all day. Pulled into drive way.Shifted into reverse. Shifter free moving. No gear change. Shifter moving without usual resistance.Moved to park.Shifter locked. Turned vehicle off . Will not restart. Vehicle apparently in neutral.Drifts easily. Not in any gear.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a the transmissions. The Transmission Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Researched other owners experience.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Transmission Mechanic should know about your transmissions?
Customer: Three common causes of this situation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Transmission Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
4/23/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
I am sorry your having this problem99 % of the time this issue is the shift cable has popped off the little transmission lever on the drivers side of the transmission if you get under the drivers side of the vehicle and look the odds are the cable popped off realign the cable to the little rod and pop it back on with a pair of pliersthis is a very common issue for these trucksyour business is much appreciatedif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your help.
Will call you back if this is not the problem. Plan to repair it in the am.
sounds gooddont forget tor ate us here at Justanswer
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer
Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician