Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Hamilton, I change my cooling sensor, throttle

Customer Question

***** ***** hamilton, I change my cooling sensor, throttle sensor in my 2004 hyundai sonata. the fan would not come on so I changes the thermostate . fan came on but now my car wont shift into 2nd and 3rd gear before it did fine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 4 cylinder. automatic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. So now the engine cooling system is working correct? Are there warning lights on for the transaxle concern? Is there a concern with the transaxle fluid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO WARNING LIGHTS AT ALL. I WILL CHECK TRANSAXLE?
So you select drive, it accelerates in 1st gear and never attempts or acts like it wants to shift to 2nd?Reverse works fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it goes in reverse perfectly. just when i drive . it doesn't go in 2nd and 3rd gear. but before i change thermostat it was good.
Thanks, ***** ***** is to have it scanned to see which codes are stored. In the event there are no codes then this would indicate a possible transmission control module failure. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just had it on a computer. I have a po138, po183, po118, po113 they all sensor issues. should i just change them all. nothing started until i change the thermostat. the spring in the thermostat that i bought is lighter in weight than the old which is heavier. could that be the problem
I would not worry about the thermostat change unless your overheating. All engine concerns and codes have to be repaired prior to being able to diagnose and repair transmission issues.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris