mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Lincoln Continental: I oil in transmission was los by leakage.

Customer Question

I oil in transmission was los by leakage. Replaced oil and all gearsare working. have not driven it up and drve forward. No leakage was found. Why d I lose my transmission oil.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.
there are lots of different reasons for loosing transmission fluid. some leaks are only while it is driving sometimes from the axleseals. does the under side of your vehicle look dry or wet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wet
then you have a leak somewhere while driving. most likely the pan those notoriously leak a lot by design. you will want to get it to a shop were they can get it on a lift and clean it off in order to see were the leak is coming from. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating as this is how we are given credit.