Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 suburban z71 Description of Problem: 3 weeks ago

Customer Question
2004 suburban z71 Description of Problem...
2004 suburban z71
Description of Problem: 3 weeks ago changed the transfer case encoder motor. That fixed the problem of having 0 gears in 2HI. A week later, all the lights are out on the 4x4 selector switch (they all pop on on startup). Pulling codes:
C0306
C0321
C0327
B0790
U1026
I have tried cleaning the contacts on the connector to transfer case encoder motor (it was filthy under there during the change) and the 2 grounds that are near the driver fender area.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
3/18/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0306 faulty shift motor or wiring

0321 no such code

0327 faulty shift motor or wiring

0790 neutral indicator can be the switch or module or wiring to blame

1026 no such code

Look over the steps below in the link can you perform these?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/c0306.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

The transfer case encoder motor is new. I also checked my Dash switch and tccm in another suburban and theirs in mine, and no changes.
I see the link now. I have no idea how to do voltages.
What is motor control a and motor contol b? I assume any good ground, means I can just put the probe over the frame?

The motor has 2 wires. one power and one ground. That makes it turn one direction. The TCCM swaps the polarity to make the motor turn the other direction. Those 2 wires are A and B. The frame is a good ground.

OK when I get home I will let you know what I see. The harness has like 7 wires in and out of I recall

Only 2 wires are for the motor, all the rest are for the encoder.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris