Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 09 4x4 limited crewmax tundra and I tried to

Customer Question
I have an 09...

I have an 09 4x4 limited crewmax tundra and I tried to engage the 4Hi and it didnt engage then I moved it to 2wd and the 4hi remained flashing so I turned it off and unplugged battery but 4Hi is stikk flashin. What can be wrong? 4x4 doesn't engage and light remains

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'll try if i can

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
3/17/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the 4X4 light is flashing the computer system should set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to try and help you determine the cause of the problem you are having the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the system and retrieve the fault code and or codes. If you can gt this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this.