Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

2005 expedition just had the trans fully rebuilt. Trans

Customer Question
shifts great but the o/d...
2005 expedition just had the trans fully rebuilt. Trans shifts great but the o/d light blinks ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
3/15/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the light blinking indicates a fault in the transmission control system. it will store a code. once we know the code, we can further help you. if you just had it overhauled, most likely this is going to be a warranty issue with the shop that performed the work.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im not getting any on board computer codes just the blinking ?

it will be stored in the tcm module, not the pcm for engine controls. do you have a scan tool?? a code reader may not pick it up.

if not, then you can go to a parts store and they should be able to read it for you for free.

Roy

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tcm is located where

The TCM for the transmission is mounted on top of the main control valve body. The control module for the transmission has been designed to operate correctly in the environment in which the TCM is located.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician