sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

A pin fell out of my shifting mechanism and now my Chrysler

Customer Question

A pin fell out of my shifting mechanism and now my Chrysler Town and Country will not go out of park the key gets stuck when I turn it on and I have to pull a fuse to turn it off and take it out is there a way to just put the pin back in and have it work or do I need to replace the entire shifting mechanism
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would prefer not to spend much money yes
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I would know of I just bought it less than a week ago I do see that this is a common problem with Chrysler Town & Country cuz I'm seeing reports of this all over the internet it is a 2008
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $11 after the Chrysler Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming that the pin came out of the shifter itself. The shifter is serviced as an assembly and would need to be replaced if a part broke out of it.

Did the pin come from the shifter itself?