Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

Im having transmission troubles with a 95 E4OD, Well i just

Customer Question
Im having transmission troubles with...
Im having transmission troubles with a 95 E4OD
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well i just put a reman trans in it yesterday and if in drive it revs up in 1st and if you let off the throttle it shifts up but into 3rd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Manual shifting works fine though
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Yes i am a ford diesel mechanic just not a trans specialist i was hoping its an electrical issue and not trans related since its a "new" unit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Transmissions
3/7/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Have you taken the vehicle back to where this reman came from since it should be under warranty. The symptoms point most towards a valve body issue, solenoid body shift solenoid issue, or faulty transmission range sensor. Do you have any skills and or tools for trans diag?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for replying. I figured it out. Was told by the shop i purchased it from to jack up the rear wheels run a bottle of trans guard and let the truck idle in reverse for half hour. To my surprise it worked, must of been so debris is the valve body. Truck had all new senors that related to the tranny so i kinda ruled those out.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician