Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The car skip first gear, I start the car it runs fine but it…

Customer Question
The car skip first...

The car skip first gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I start the car it runs fine but it stays in first gear a long time in high gear on my automatic 2001 Volkswagen Jetta

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
3/4/2016
Transmission Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Is the trans oil low or dark or dos it have an odor indicating clutch and band issues?

Are there any warning lights on which indicates there are codes stored?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris