Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. 2014 ran 3500. I was in 4wd low and…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. 2014 ran 3500. I was in 4wd low and the shifter came out of the transfer case.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The actual shifter came out and I can't get it back into transfer case. Stuck in 4 low. Should I be able to insert it back into transfer case?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Transmission Mechanic: joeplow, Master High-Tech replied 2 years ago
joeplow
joeplow, Master High-Tech

Well that a first, you mean the shifter is just loose correct ?

I have the piece in my hand. Can see the flat side and grooves for some kind of a keeper to hold it in the case

yo can shift it by big screw driver to get home under the truck