cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

My girlfriends CX7 developed a very abrupt take off

Customer Question

my girlfriends CX7 developed a very abrupt take off behavior. You have to be very smooth if you don't want the car to jerk. And today she told me the car is not shifting as it should. Could this be the TCM?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes the tcm is a possibility or fluid could just need to be changed are may be low are the filter in ther transmission needs to be changed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first step is a fluid and filter change and if that does not do it, the TCM replaced? I'm quite ok working on cars. Is that something I can do?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes as long as you are comfortable taking the transmission pan off it is something you can do

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance